Block Emails on Hotmail: Hotmail is an email service provided by the world-renowned technology company Microsoft. The email client is known for many exceptional features, including fast service, Microsoft’s support, personal folders, customization, and social links. To access your Hotmail account (after creating the one), you need to enter your registered email ID and the password.
After signing in, you can access all the features and send and receive emails without any hassle. If you have used your Hotmail address for registering on various third-party websites or for some other purpose, but now receiving those unwanted promotional emails in bulk, you must be searching for how to block the sender.
How to Block Emails on Hotmail
Blocking a sender and getting rid of useless junk is not rocket science; to block emails on Hotmail all you have to do is to follow the simple instructions given below:
- Open any web browser and go to the Hotmail website.
- Now, enter your email address and the password to log in to your account.
- When you see the inbox, click the gear icon available next to your account name on the top right corner of the screen.
- You will see a drop-down menu.
- Choose More Mail Settings and then move the cursor to the “Preventing Junk Emails” option and select Safe and blocked senders.
- Now, choose Blocked Senders.
- Type the email address you want to block. If you want to block multiple email addresses, then add them in this section one after the other.
- Besides an email address, you can also block a domain by entering the domain name instead of an email ID.
- Once you provide the email address of the sender or domain name in the given field, hit Add to List option.
Also Read: How to block emails in outlook
After blocking the sender, all the messages that you have received from that email address will be deleted automatically. Don’t worry; the sender would not get any notification about the same.
Hope the information is useful!
If you have any questions regarding this “ask here” or see the top answers on how to block emails on Hotmail.
Although Microsoft has a very strong filter for the spam mail which doesn’t allow the spam mail to enter your primary mailbox. But sometimes you get subscribed to some unwanted mail service by mistake and they send a lot of annoying emails to your inbox. If you want to get rid of them then there are two ways either you unsubscribe to them or block their emails by the domain name. Here in this article, you can find how to block emails on Hotmail.