Delete Hotmail Account: Hotmail (now known as Outlook) is the first web-based email service with highly advanced features such as quick views, hi-level security, one-click filter, and send big files. The users of Hotmail might need to delete their accounts because they no longer need it or have created a new one. In both the scenarios, the instructions for removing your email account are the same.
Hotmail is a part of your Microsoft account; you cannot delete it alone without removing the entire account. And, if you are using other Microsoft’s services or products, then this is not the right thing to do. The best solution, in this case, is to stop signing in to your Hotmail account, and it will go dormant after one year. You can also create a new Hotmail account and add it as an alias to the existing one. The new account will be considered as your primary account.
How to delete Hotmail Account
But, in case you want to proceed deleting the complete Microsoft account to delete Hotmail account permanently, then the steps are as follows:
- Sign in to your Hotmail account and open the Security tab.
- Click More Security Options and scroll down.
- You will see a Close My Account link; click it.
- Now read the information given on this page, and click Next.
- Select the checkboxes, choose a valid reason for deleting your Hotmail account.
- Click Mark Account for Closure.
Your account will be deleted within the sixty days of submitting the deletion request. After this period completes, you would not be able to log in to your account.
Also Check: How to delete Microsoft Account
(Important- By deleting your account, use credits available, cancel the linked subscriptions, create a new email to allow people to reach you, create a backup of your files and data, check the devices connected to your account, and manage your kids’ Microsoft accounts.)
If you have changed your mind and want to leave the Hotmail account to go dormant after a year, then remove it from your device by following these instructions:
- Go to the Windows Start button, choose Settings, and then Accounts
- Now, click Email & Accounts to open its settings
- From the accounts displayed under Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts, hit the Manage button available next to the Hotmail account you want to remove.
- Click Delete account from this device and then delete it to verify.
Hope the information was useful!
Hotmail was the first to launch web-based email services in 1997 but there are many revolutions with Hotmail. Now all the Hotmail accounts have been synced with outlook email and both outlook and Hotmail can be accessed here. There is no need to delete Hotmail account because now it has been associated with the Microsoft services with that account. If you delete Hotmail account you have to delete all the services linked to that Hotmail account.