How to create a group email in outlook
Create a Group Email in outlook: Do you want to send one email to multiple users but don’t want the pain of entering their email addresses every time? You don’t really have to do this as Outlook provides you with an option to create a contact group or distribution list using which one email can be sent to multiple users in one go. To send group email in Outlook, you have to create a distribution list by following these steps:
For Windows (latest version)
- Log in to your Outlook account and click People (or the icon for people) available in the Navigation menu.
- Under My Contacts, choose the folder in which you want to store the contacts for the group.
- Click the New Contact Group.
- Hit the Add Members option and start adding people from the contact list.
- Hit the Save & Close option.
For Windows (Office 2010)
- Go to Contacts -> Home -> New -> New Contact Group.
- In the Name box, write a name for the group.
- Go to the Contact Group tab and click Add members under the Members group.
- Now, choose From Outlook Contacts/From Address Book/New Email Contact.
- Now, either provide an email address or choose a contact from the Address book.
- Repeat step 5 until you add all the contacts in the group.
- Click Save
- Open Outlook and choose People from the left navigation pane.
- Go to the Home tab and choose New Contact List.
- Provide a name to the contact list.
- Now add the contacts and then click Save & Close to finish the process.
Also, check How to recall an email in outlook
After creating the group, follow the below-given steps for sending a group email in Outlook:
- Open your Outlook account.
- Click Compose to create a new email.
- Enter the name of the group in To field, and Outlook will display the relevant matches from the contact list.
- Type the message or attach any file.
- Hit the Send button to send that email to all the contacts mentioned in the group.
Congratulations! You have successfully sent the email to multiple email addresses. Hope the information was useful.
If you usually send the same emails to multiple people may be the same persons then sending emails them individually is a time-consuming task. You can create a group email in outlook to send the emails to the same persons. Creating a group email in outlook is the best and the fast method to communicate with the same people. Here in this post, you can find the tutorial on how to create a group email in outlook for the most popular operating systems i.e Microsoft Windows and Apple’s mac.