What is Outlook Desktop App
Outlook Desktop app comes with the bundle of office 365 or older versions of Microsoft office like office 2010, office 2013. Outlook desktop app can be used for any mail servers like outlook itself, Gmail, yahoo mail, or any other email services that support POP or IMAP. Outlook Desktop App is mainly used in the corporate sector to manage emails from their webmail.
The Outlook is a popular email client with features such as quick parts, an accessibility checker, a reading pane, contact groups (distribution list), delegate access, and many others. Available as a part of Office suite, Outlook allows sending or receiving emails without any hassle. Additionally, you can also schedule and manage meetings or events, see details about contacts merely by hovering your mouse over their name, prioritize your tasks, search particular messages, people, and documents.
How to use Outlook Desktop App
To use the Outlook desktop app, all you have to do is get Office 365 suite to your device (Choose the premium one to access full-features of the suite). Now, follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Go to the Windows menu and find Microsoft Office.
- From the list of programs, open Microsoft Outlook. It will take a few seconds to open the Outlook desktop app.
- Now, open the File menu and click Add Account available under the Account Information section.
- Fill the required information (name, email ID, password, and retype password) in the text boxes.
- Hit the Next button, and wait for a few seconds to configure the application.
- Click Finish, and then hit the Ok button.
- You will see all the emails received on the account you have just set up.
To send an email, click the New Email button available in the toolbar. Enter the email address in the “To” field. Add other email addresses in the CC and BCC section. Draft your message, and then hit the Send button.
Also, Check How to Share Calendar in outlook
How to use the advanced setup in outlook desktop app
If you are unable to add an email account, then you are advised to use an advanced setup to configure POP or IMAP email account in Outlook. For this, follow these instructions:
- Go to Outlook and choose Add Accounts from the File tab.
- Now, provide your email address, and then hit the Advanced Options.
- Click “Let me set up my account manually”. Make sure your Account Settings screen has the required settings filled in.
- Provide incoming and outgoing server settings, and hit the Next button.
- Enter a password for your account, and then click Connect.
Hope the information was useful!
Microsoft Outlook Desktop App is a paid software or application that comes with the Microsoft office bundle i.e Office 365. It can handle emails from every email server using POP or IMAP. You just have to follow the given steps to connect your mail server with the outlook desktop app after that it can handle each and every task like syncing mailbox, composing a new email, etc.