Learning how to uninstall Microsoft Edge is a simple process. With any version of Microsoft browser, you can uninstall Microsoft Edge. However, this is not always the case with this version. If you want to learn how to uninstall Microsoft Edge properly, you should follow the instructions below. This will ensure that you do not damage your operating system by removing an important program.
To uninstall Microsoft Edge properly, use the following steps:
- Open the Start Menu. Click Run.
- Now type Regedit in the box and click OK.
- In the regedit box, type “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft Edge” and then press OK.
- The last step is to right-click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder and click on “Old Tools”. This will take you to the folder where you can locate all the software that is not currently installed. If you see the Word program, that means that you have another application which is not being used by the computer and it is time for it to be removed.
The first step is to locate the programs which are not currently installed. You can use the search function to locate all the programs. In this case, it is advisable to leave all the programs which are currently installed and use the 2-click uninstall option to permanently delete them from the computer. Note that if there are any residual files left from the uninstallation of the previous programs, they should also be deleted as well.
How to uninstall Microsoft Edge using PowerShell
It is a common question when someone asks how to uninstall Microsoft Edge using Powershell. First, you need to ensure that you have become the administrator of your computer.
- Click Start, Run, and type “Powershell” in the field.
If you are not an administrator, the command window may appear, but if you are an administrator, the window will disappear.
- Look for the icon of “Start”, right-click on it and choose “Run”. You need to enter the command “PowerShell explorer”. When you have completed this task successfully, you should see the “immobile” window appear, which means that you are now able to uninstall Microsoft edge browser using Powershell.
Now that you are able to uninstall this particular program, let us try to understand what actually happens when you uninstall it. Your computer system will slow down because it is now trying to process so many files at a time. The first thing that will happen is that it will stop the Download Manager. This means that it is now trying to process information about the latest update, which will cause your PC to crash. It will be a good idea to close all other programs because it will prevent them from running.
In the previous step, if you were able to use the uninstall button, you should click it, because if you did not, you would not be able to uninstall it. The next step is to close down the browser, and then click the “Power” button on your computer. You need to take this step only if you are not an administrator because if you are, you need to click the “Safe Mode” feature to get into Windows and be able to perform the uninstall of Microsoft Edge.
Finally, you should note that it can take up to 10 minutes to completely uninstall Microsoft edge. What I can recommend is that you try using the Web Unlocker, which is capable of uninstalling programs such as Microsoft Edge by simply going to the “Apps, and Features” page and then selecting the app you want to unlock. When this page has been opened, you should see an option for unlocking the app. If you do not have this tool, you can go to the Microsoft Store and search for a tool that will help you to uninstall Microsoft Edge completely.
If you have any doubt you can ask a question here, our experts are ready to give you the answer.
Also Check: How to Disable Microsoft Teams