Recall an EMail in outlook: Have you accidentally sent an email to a wrong email address or forgot to add more details or an attachment from outlook email? No need to worry! Outlook provides you with an option to recall an email in outlook that is there in your Sent Items. Wondering how? Go through the steps given in this post:
How to Recall an Email in outlook
- Open the File tab and choose Info to see the Account Information.
- Now, click the account your Outlook account (valid if you have configured more than one account with your Outlook desktop app.)
- If the recipient’s email is also associated with Microsoft Exchange Server, then you can easily use the recall option to call your email back. Recall won’t work with the MAPI or POP.
- Now, open the Sent Items and choose the email you want to recall.
- Click the File tab and then from Info, select the Resend or Recall option.
- Click Recall this message.
- You will see a pop-up saying-
Some recipients may have already read this message.
Are you sure want to:
- Delete unread copies of this message
- Delete unread copies and replace with a new message
- If you wish to recall the message and delete the unread copy, then choose the first option and click Ok. (Click the checkbox in front of “Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient.)
- You will now see the recalled email in your inbox with a message that the email was recalled successfully.
- Choosing the second option at point 6 will allow you to recall the email and edit it with a new message.
Also Read How to Recall an Email in Gmail.
That’s all you have to do! Please note that you would not be able to recall a message if the recipient has already read it.
Hope the information was useful!
See the video tutorial on Microsoft Website.
There may be some mistake while doing some urgent work and you can send a wrong mail to anyone or the wrong content to specific email address, but if you are using outlook you don’t need to worry about that because you can unsend or recall your sent email by following some simple steps.