Sometimes there may be a mistake in the spelling of any email address or you may have got the wrong email address of someone and you send an email to that wrong email address. This might be a big problem if it contains some confidential data and there may be a loss to you or your company. So if you are using Outlook on Microsoft server you can recall your email sent to the wrong email address.
Here are the steps to follow to recall an email in outlook:
Note: These steps are given for outlook desktop application. Also, you can only recall an email if the receiver’s mail server is handled by Microsoft, for other POP servers this feature will not work.
- Open the Outlook desktop App in your computer or laptop.
- Now click info to see your outlook email account information.
- Now open the sent items tab from the given menu.
- Now open the email you want to recall.
- Choose the file tab and from info section, select the Recall or Resend option.
- Now click on Recall this message.
Now a dialogue box or popup will open saying, ” Some Recipients may have already read this Message” are you still want to recall your email. Now select the first option and hit the enter button.
Congrats! you have successfully recalled the email. if you need more information regarding how to recall an email in outlook please refer to our article given below: