Gmail is one of the most popular emails that are being used by millions of users worldwide for personal and professional use. While using this Gmail, you might accidentally send an email to a wrong address or might need to edit the attached file further. Thanks to Google that it offers you the option to recall an email in Gmail even after hitting the Send button.
To do so, you need to first change the Settings, by following these steps:
- Login to your Gmail account by entering your username and password
- Click the Settings button available on the top-right corner, and click See all settings
- Now, on the Settings page, click the drop-down in front of the Undo Send option and select the cancellation period.
That’s it! Now, whenever you send an email to anyone, you will see a notification in the bottom-left corner from where you can choose to recall your email within the specified time.
Here is how it works:
- Open your Gmail and click Compose to write an email
- Now, click the Send button. You will see the progress of your email in the bottom-left corner.
- Here, you will see an Undo option, click on it immediately before the cancellation period (5, 10, 20, 30) gets over.
- Click the Undo button will show “Undoing” and then open the email you sent.
- Make the necessary changes and then hit the Send button. Else, discard the email, if you don’t want to send.
- That’s all you have to do.
You can recall an email in Gmail using these easy steps. In case, if you want to recall an email while using the Gmail from your Android or iOS device, then also you need to do the same. Hope this information helps you.
Also, Find How to Recall Emal in Outlook
[…] Also Read How to Recall an Email in Gmail. […]