What is account.live.com?
Account.live.com is an online portal for Microsoft to manage the different accounts of Microsoft products. There are a lot of Microsoft products, having a different account for different products is a very tough task. How to manage all the Microsoft accounts Microsoft has made account.live.com manage all the accounts at one place. Now no matter what Microsoft product or service you use like Outlook, Hotmail, MSN Messenger Windows or Bing you just need one account to manage all the products and services offered by Microsoft. So we can say that account.live.com is a portal which is used to manage all the Microsoft products and services accounts.
Also, share your views here on what is account.live.com
What is account.live.com/acsr?
account.live.com/acsr is a place where you can manage your Microsoft account password like you can reset your Microsoft password and recover your Microsoft account password. There is also another portal where you can reset your Microsoft account password that can be accessed at https://account.live.com/password/reset. But there is a problem with this portal: you can stay there and there are some limitations of using this portal.
What is the use of account.live.com/acsr?
As we have discussed before, there are some limitations of https://account.live.com/password/reset portal, yeah you can set your password only if you have recovery options like if you have your active phone number or Email address that you have provided to Microsoft while creating your Microsoft account. But if you don’t have access to any of your recovery email address or phone number you cannot reset your Microsoft account password using this portal. Here comes to use of account.live.com/acsr. In this portal you can reset your Microsoft account password without having access to your recovery email address or phone number, it will ask some questions that are related to your Microsoft account and the Microsoft team will manually review your application and your account will be recovered and you will be able to reset your Microsoft account password.
When account.live.com/acsr is required?
As you already know now all the Microsoft products and services or manage at account.live.com. so if you forget the password of any of your Microsoft product or service you may need to reset your password. Consider you are using Windows on your computer and you are using Microsoft account to open your computer. Now you need your Microsoft account password to be reset to log into your computer. and if you don’t have your recovery options you can not get into your PC or laptop. Here comes the use of account.live.com/acsr portal. When you try to reset you password from your computer it will ask you to open account.live.com/acsr in any other computer or laptop to recover your account. to get your PC unlocked follow the process given below.
How to use account.live.com/acsr?
Here is the procedure to use account.live.com/acsr to recover Microsoft account password. you must have a laptop for a mobile phone that has an active internet connection to reset your Microsoft account password.
- open any browser on your computer or laptop or you can use your mobile phone also, you can use any browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla or Safari.
- No enter https://account.live.com/acsr in the URL section of your browser.
- Now a page will open and it will ask for two email addresses in the first column you need to enter your email address which password you want to recover. In the second column enter the alternate email address. you must have access to the second email address because it will provide a one time password on that email to verify.
- after entering the email address click on the Next button and now you will get and one-time password on your alternate email address.
- Check your alternate email address, here you will have any security code from Microsoft account team, copy that code and paste on the next page and click on verify.
- Now it will ask for your personal details like your first name, last name and date of birth along with your address. Please enter the exact details that you have provided at the time of creating that Microsoft account which you want to recover and click on the Next button.
- Now it will ask for some additional details for your Microsoft account like you have to enter your old passwords, you can enter one or more old passwords so that they can verify your account. Also you have to check some boxes like if you are using any other Microsoft service software or any subscription.
- after filling all the details click on the next and now you will see a page that says “your information has been submitted”. no Microsoft team will manually review your account details to recover your Microsoft account.
This is the whole process you have to follow to recover your Microsoft account if you don’t have access to your recovery email address or phone number.