According to Wikipedia Hotmail was first founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1996 it was not so much popular before Microsoft acquired it in 1997. After acquiring Microsoft changed the name of the Hotmail to MSN and after that Microsoft rebranded it to Windows live Hotmail and in October 2011 Microsoft removed Hotmail and moved email services to Outlook in 2012.
But still, there are a lot of old users which are currently using Hotmail as their primary email service. today is the day of digital things and we sign up for many websites and they occasionally send us promotional emails and spam emails. We get many emails for the promotion of different products so there is a lot of junk in our inbox.
To get rid of these spam emails there is a solution for that we can block emails on Hotmail. Here are the steps to follow to block in an email on Hotmail.
- First of all open any web browser from your computer or laptop and visit Hotmail website
- Now log in to your Hotmail account using your username or email address and the password you have chosen.
- Now you will see a gear icon for the settings in the upper right corner of your computer screen. Just click on the gear icon given there.
- Now you will see a drop-down menu from the drop-down menu click on the “More mail settings” and then you will see option preventing junk email just click on that link and select safe and block Senders.
- Now you can see a box where you can type an email address or if you want to block any domain, you can enter the domain name and also you can choose multiple email addresses to block.
- After selecting the email addresses and the domain click on the add to list option.
If you need more information you can read our article on how to block emails in Hotmail.