Microsoft account is a master account from which you can access all your Microsoft services like Outlook, Hotmail, Windows, MS Office and other Microsoft services. If you close your Microsoft account then you will lose all your access from all the Microsoft services. so please make sure to backup all your data, all your mails and contacts before deleting Microsoft account. Once you delete a Microsoft account you won’t be able to recover it, and all the data associated with your Microsoft account will be deleted in a certain period of time.
If you want to delete Microsoft account then follow these steps:
- Open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Enter account.live.com/closeaccount.aspx in the URL section.
- Now you will see a page that asks for confirmation and tell you about the precautions you should take before closing your Microsoft account.
- if you have not logged in to your account then it will ask for login to your Microsoft account if you are already logged in you will see your email address on the page.
- Read all the instructions carefully and then click on the next.
- Now read all the list and check the boxes given there for giving your consent.
- Now it will ask for a reason why you are closing your Microsoft account, select a valid reason for closing your Microsoft account.
- Now you will see an option mark account for closure.
- Once you click on that button you account will be closed and it will not be in action after 60 days.
If you need more tutorials on Microsoft account you can read here
ganga Changed status to publish November 12, 2020
[…] Also Check: How to delete Microsoft Account […]